The Municipal Election Commission of the City of Fountain Inn announces the general election for the City of Fountain Inn to be Tuesday, November 2 , 2021. Any person wishing to register to vote in this election must do so no later than October 2, 2021.
The following offices shall be included in this election:
- City Council Member, Ward One (1)
- City Council Member, Ward Three (3)
- City Council Member, Ward Five (5)
The Election will be nonpartisan. Citizens desiring to be candidates for one of the above listed offices may file at Fountain Inn City Hall, 200 North Main Street, Fountain Inn, SC. The filing fee for Council Member is $100.00. Books will be open for filing on Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 12:00 PM (noon) and remain open during regular business hours until Monday, August 16, 2021 at 12:00 PM (noon).
At 9:00 A.M. on said Election Day, examination of the absentee ballot return envelopes will be held. These examinations will be held at the Greenville County Election Office, 301 University Ridge, Suite 1900, Greenville, SC and Laurens County Election Office at 200 Public Square, Laurens, SC.
For any challenged ballots, a hearing will be held by the Municipal Election Commission at 12:00 pm on Friday, November 5, 2021 at Greenville County Election Office, 301 University Ridge, Suite 1900, Greenville, SC. Any runoff will be held two weeks after the election on Tuesday, November 16th, 2020.
The following precincts and polling locations will be open from 7 am until 7 pm.:
- Precincts Polling Places
- Fountain Inn 1 Younts Center for Performing Arts 315 N Main St
- Fountain Inn 2 Fountain Inn Activities Center 610 Fairview St
- Pineview Fountain Inn Activities Center 610 Fairview St
- Simpsonville 5 Younts Center for Performing Arts 315 N Main St
- Sycamore Younts Center for Performing Arts 315 N Main St
- Jones&Cooks Pine Grove Baptist Church 808 Gulliver St
- Walnut Springs Younts Center for Performing Arts 315 N Main St