July 1st is the beginning of our new fiscal year. At the City’s Council meeting on June 13, we will be holding a Public Hearing and City Council will be asked to approve the City’s proposed revenues and expenditures from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. Here are some of the highlights of this year’s proposed budget:
- No millage (ad valorem tax) or fee increases
- No sewer rate increase
- Two additional Public Works employees
- One Staff Accountant for the City’s enterprise funds
- One full-time Planner/Zoning Administrator
- One full-time Parks & Maintenance Technician in the
- One Victim’s Advocate/Records Clerk in the Police Department
- One full-time Human Resources professional
- Two new Police Department vehicles
- One new Tower Truck for the Fire Department
- One new side-loading trash truck for Public Works
- One new debris/boom truck for Public Works
- Three Natural Gas Department vehicles
- One rock hammer for the Natural Gas Department
- One mower and one trailer for the Recreation Department
- Woodside Park revitalization (Emanuel Sullivan Sports Complex)
- Municipal Court parking lot improvements
- Roof replacement at the Police Department
- A road and sidewalk assessment
You will be able to view our approved budget on our website at www.fountaininn.com.
Our next big special event will be our All-American Blast festivities on July 4th. This is one of our most popular events of the year, so make plans now to be on downtown Fountain Inn for Independence Day.
Dancing on Depot (Friday Night Concert Series) has now begun and will be going until August 30th. Our Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings, which will run until September 28, has been extremely well attended by both vendors and patrons. Each Saturday, there is a unique theme or promotion. Go to www.fountaininnevents.com to check out the schedule.
Shawn Bell is the City Administrator of Fountain Inn. For more information, go to www.fountaininn.org, call 864-862-4421, or email email@example.com.♦