Bell’s Bits – Happy Mother’s Day to my mom and of course to my beautiful bride. I wish all the mothers out there a wonderful Mother’s Day on May 12th. I never realized just how hard of a job it is to be a mother until I had children of my own.
The Fountain Inn Farmers Market opens on May 18th at 8:00 a.m. This is going to be a great season!
To be a participant in our Wing and BBQ competition, Wingin’ Out on Main, please fill out the application at www.fountaininnevents.com.
During the entire month of May, our Public Works Department will be picking up any items you can carry by hand to the curb. Only in May, we will pick these items up at no charge but please separate yard waste from other debris such as metal, wood, etc. Also, please note that brush, limbs, branches, etc. may not exceed six inches in diameter.
Spring Cleaning Reminder: We are not able to pick up paint cans that contain wet paint. All paint cans must be empty and dry. I suggest using kitty litter for drying purposes or spreading the paint on newspaper to dry. We also are unable to pick up oil. Thanks for your cooperation.
May is a great time to take your dog out for a walk. However, here is some animal control information specific to Fountain Inn (found in Chapter 5 of the City’s Code of Ordinances):
- Dogs or other animals are not allowed to run loose outside the owner’s property
- Dogs must be restrained on a leash or confined inside a fence upon the owner’s property
- All pet owners are responsible for removal of their pet’s excrement when off their private property
- Dogs and other animals subject to rabies must be inoculated
- All dogs four months old and older must be registered at the Public Works Department during normal business hours
- Animals are prohibited in city parks, Farmer’s Market, Activity Center, Chamber of Commerce/Museum, etc.
The Fountain Inn Chamber of Commerce, sponsored by Representative Mark Willis, will be hosting Taste Inn: a community dinner down Main on May 18th from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Main Street will be lined with tables for a community style dinner. Tickets are $35 to attend and includes one free drink ticket. Tickets can be purchased at www.eventbrite.com.
The Fountain Inn Police Department will host their 21st Annual Golf Classic on May 22nd at Carolina Springs Golf Club. Proceeds from this tournament fund our Community Patrol Divisions’ programs like Summer Camp for At-Risk Kids and Senior Watch.
Shawn Bell is the City Administrator of Fountain Inn. For more information, go to www.fountaininn.org, call 864-862-4421, or email email@example.com