We’re all choking on pollen, but on the bright side, it’ll only last for a few weeks. Then, we start the countdown to summer.
Part of that summer prep means we want to see everybody back at the Mauldin Cultural Center’s amphitheater for our Beachin’ Fridays concert series. We’ll kick off the 2019 series on May 31.
For the past few years, thousands of people have come to Mauldin from across the Upstate for Friday nights filled with music, food, and fun. People constantly told us that the Cultural Center stage is one of their favorite venues and that we needed to make the series longer. I agree.
We have you covered for nine weeks.
Join us for:
- May 31 – The Sand Band feat. Terri Gore
- June 7 – The Shag Doctorz
- June 14 – Carolina Coast Band feat. Rhonda McDaniel
- June 21 – Jump Street Band
- June 28 – The Entertainers
- July 5 – 246 Army Band + FIREWORKS SHOW
- July 12 – The Holiday Band
- July 19 – Rhythm City Band
- July 26 – Band of Oz
All shows begin around 7:00 p.m.
There is no charge for any of the shows.
As long as the shows are outside and don’t have to be moved indoors because of weather, lawn chairs and blankets are welcome and encouraged.
Outside food and beverages are not allowed, but don’t worry if you come hungry. Food and beverage vendors will be on site. This year’s food vendors include:
- May 31 – Bosco’s Baby’s, Chef on the Run, Nard’s Backyard BBQ
- June 7 – Bosco’s Baby’s, Chef on the Run, Sugar Skulls Authentic Cajun
- June 14 – Bosco’s Baby’s, One Love Fusion Foods, Nard’s Backyard BBQ
- June 21 – Bosco’s Baby’s, Roll-In Cuban Food Truck, Curry Leaf
- June 28 – Bosco’s Baby’s, Kono Pizza GSP, Curry Leaf
- July 5 – Bosco’s Baby’s, Sugar Skulls Authentic Cajun, Going Coastal Mobile Eatery, Kono Pizza GSP
- July 12 – Bosco’s Baby’s, One Love Fusion Foods, Going Coastal Mobile Eatery
- July 19 – Bosco’s Baby’s, Chef on the Run, Roll-In Cuban Food Truck
- July 26 – Bosco’s Baby’s, One Love Fusion Foods, Nard’s Backyard BBQ, Sugar Skulls Authentic Cajun, Kono Pizza GSP
I know where we’ll be on Friday nights from the end of May through July. Hopefully we’ll see you there, too.
— Taft Matney serves in Seat 1 on Mauldin city Council. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.