It’s almost that time of year again. The air is cooler, the leaves are turning, and the smells of fall are enticing. Most people don’t deny their love for this time of year. It’s fun to be outside because it’s not boiling hot and you can actually enjoy your outdoor time. I’ve seen many people jogging, kicking a ball around and working in their yards. That’s what we’re going to talk about actually…making the most of these lovely temperatures and creating some fabulous curb appeal.
I’ve shown a few houses lately that needed some front yard love. The first thing people see when they pull up is the care given to the curb appeal. Buyers are swarming and that doesn’t seem to be letting up anytime soon. Home owners that have considered selling are getting more savvy by the day and getting their houses listed now. So remember it’s worth it to make yours stand out from the pack…make it beautiful from the outside in.
Fortune Builders released a fabulous article with curb appeal trends for the Fall. I feel totally compelled to share a few with you. So simple, yet sooooo effective.
1) “Clean it up”! I don’t think this needs much explanation.
2) “Make your front door pop”! Paint it a gorgeous, eye catching color like yellow or teal.
3) “Ramp up your exterior lighting”! Solar lights are fairly inexpensive and offer some cool path lighting.
4) “ Clean your gutters”! This is usually a necessary fall routine anyway.
5) “ Plant fall flowers”! Whether in large decorative pots or just along the sidewalk, these little beauties multi-task with color and charm.
6) “Check on your outdoor furniture”! Make sure it’s clean and tidy. I’ve found a can of spray paint can make most outdoor furniture look like new.
7) “DYI decorating”! Make a wreath for your door, paint some pumpkins or gourds, fall fabrics or throw pillows. Be creative and show you care about the buyers first impression.
This is an amazing time of year for many things and selling your house is no exception at all. Buyers are in the “spirt of the season”, of change, and of visualizing themselves in their new home before the holidays. If you have considered a move, call me TODAY. I’m delighted to get to work and make your Real Estate dreams a reality.