Bell’s Bits – It’s back to school time for a lot of children, parents, and teachers around here. Please slow down and pay attention when driving in the mornings and afternoons.
CURBSIDE recycling is back! If you live in the City limits of Fountain Inn and want to sign-up for every other week CURBSIDE recycling pickup, just visit our Public Works Department or call at (864) 409-3334 or you can do it online.
We now have a designated “safe zone” for online merchandise buyers and sellers from sites like Craigslist and Facebook, as well as, for child custody exchanges. The “safe zone” is marked by a double-sided sign at City Hall parking lot at 200 North Main Street; 29644 and it reads, “Internet Purchase Exchange Location”. The area is monitored by security cameras 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Have you come across a missing/damaged street sign or a dead animal in the road or a trashcan that was overflowing in a park but either didn’t know how to report it or just felt it would be too cumbersome to let City government know? Well, I would encourage all City of Fountain Inn residents to download the SeeClickFix app from the App Store or on Google Play. You now are able to submit non-emergency requests to us and stay updated on the progress of the “ticket”. From the app, you can upload a picture of the issue and it will even give us the exact location of where the problem is. If you don’t want to use the app or don’t have a smartphone, you can still submit SeeClickFix requests to us from our City website or via our City Facebook page @cityoffountaininn.
Several outreach opportunities:
- AdminOnTheGo (City Administrator mobile office hours) will be held on August 18th from 8am to noon at the Farmers Market
- Coffee with Council – Evening Edition will be on August 27th at 6pm at Frank’s House of Pizza
- A Roundtable meeting for residents in the Sanctified Hill neighborhood will be on August 29th at 6pm at Golden View Baptist Church
- AsktheAdministrator Facebook Q&A will be on September 25th at 7pm
- Friday night music series, Dancing on Depot, which is every Friday evening at 7pm goes until August 31st
- On August 24th, we are having a Motorcycle Show and a family friendly comedian perfuming
- Our Farmers Market on Saturday mornings from 8am to noon will be running until September 29th
- Our first ever Hoggin’ Up Main Street – BBQ for a Cause will be on Friday, September 21st and Saturday, September 22
- $500 cash prize for best wings and $1,000 cash prize for best BBQ
- Cornhole tournament, music, kids entertainment, college football on the bog screen, and more!
Shawn Bell is the City Administrator of Fountain Inn.