Bell’s Bits – Happy Mother’s Day to my mom and of course to my beautiful bride. I wish all the mothers out there a wonderful Mother’s Day on May 13.
I cannot thank everyone enough for their support of 44CITYServe on April 21st to help improve our community. We had approximately 140 citizens, elected officials, church members, scouts, civic club members, etc. show up on a Saturday morning to pick up litter on the side of the road, plant flowers, make much needed repairs/renovations, create and deliver crafts to senior citizens, and more.
Spring Cleaning Reminder: We are not able to pick up paint cans that contain wet paint. All paint cans must be empty and dry. I suggest using kitty litter for drying purposes or spreading the paint on newspaper to dry. We also are unable to pick up oil. Thanks for your cooperation.
May is a great time to take your dog out for a walk. However, here is some animal control information specific to Fountain Inn (found in Chapter 5 of the City’s Code of Ordinances):
- Dogs or other animals are not allowed to run loose outside the owner’s property
- Dogs must be restrained on a leash or confined inside a fence upon the owner’s property
- All pet owners are responsible for removal of their pet’s excrement when off their private property
- Dogs and other animals subject to rabies must be inoculated
- All dogs four months old and older must be registered at the Public Works Department during normal business hours
- Animals are prohibited in city parks, Farmer’s Market, Activity Center, Chamber of Commerce/Museum, etc.
Fountain Inn High School is still on track to be open for the Fall 2021 school year. Right now it is still in the design phase and construction is set to begin in the Fall of 2019. It is slated to have an advanced manufacturing focus and I couldn’t be more excited.
City staff has asked SCDOT to install traffic signals at places like Main & Howard and 418 & Woods Drive. Traffic studies have been completed at both intersections and unfortunately, at this time, they do not warrant signalization according to SCDOT standards. If you have an intersection of concern, please don’t hesitate to let us know and we will notify SCDOT.
The Fountain Inn Police Department will host their 20th Annual Golf Classic on May 23 at Carolina Springs Golf Club. Proceeds from this tournament fund our Community Patrol Divisions’ programs like Summer Camp for At-Risk Kids and Senior Watch.
Shawn Bell is the City Administrator of Fountain Inn. For more information, go to http://www.fountaininn.org , call 864-862-4421, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.♦