Brush Collection Policy
Residential Customers Only
Schedule: Normally collected weekly. However, the time between collections may be longer due to unforeseen circumstances, unusually heavy periods or holidays.
What Ace will pick up:
• Only tree limbs that are no longer than 5’ and no larger than 6” in diameter. This material must be tied in bundles no larger than 24” in diameter.
What the City will pick up:
• Collection of loose brush from residential properties only.
• No set schedule for collection. Length of time between collections at any one residence is determined by how heavy the volume is at the particular time.
• The City does not collect materials generated by contractors. All commercial contractors/landscapers, etc. who are hired by you to landscape your yard, cut your trees/limbs, work on your house, or provide land clearing services, are responsible for the removal of whatever debris/yard waste they generate.
• Brush should be placed a minimum of three (3) feet from the edge of the curb or pavement and at least five (5) feet away from obstructions such as automobiles, fences, mailboxes, power poles, and shrubs.
• Brush should never be placed in the road or sidewalk. Blocking traffic lanes or creating line-of- sight hazards for motorists can result in liabilities to the home owner.
• Loose brush must not be mixed with pine needles, hedge clippings, grass clippings dirt, rocks, building materials, etc. Remove dirt from root balls.
• Loose brush must not exceed 6” in diameter nor 6’ in length.
• All brush removal is limited in quantity to 2 yards (approx. 1 pickup truck load) per pickup. Abnormal quantities of trimmings or lot clearings, tree and/or stump removal shall be transported to the landfill by the owner or contractor.
Residential Customers Only
Schedule: Normally collected weekly. However, the time between collections by be longer due to unforeseen circumstances, unusually heavy periods, or holidays.
Examples: Non-organic material too large to fit inside a roll-a-waste container:
• old furniture- 50# limit and only one item collected per week, call Ace if you have more than one item or a heavier item
• appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators) Note: Refrigerators will only be collected by Ace if Freon is first removed. However, the City will collect these without the removal of Freon. Contact Public Works to request pickup.
• water heaters
Place materials to be collected within five feet of the curb line but not in the street or on the sidewalk. Always separate different types of materials into separate piles.
NOTE: Toasters, fans, vacuum cleaners, small electrical heaters and other small electrical appliances will be disposed in your garbage. Separate trucks collect large items.
Paint cans will not be collected. These must be taken to a Greenville County Convenience Center or Twin Chimneys Landfill. The closest convenience center is on Hipps Road off Harrison Bridge Road behind Target.♦