FOUNTAIN INN, SC:
The City of Fountain Inn is excited to announce that Shawn M. Bell has accepted the position of City Administrator. Shawn will begin his duties October 2, 2017. His prior municipal government experience includes City Administrator of Lake City, SC, Assistant to the City Manager in Abbeville, SC and Administrative/Public Relations Intern for a municipality in St. Louis County, MO.
Shawn holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from the University of Missouri-Columbia and a Master’s of Public Administration degree from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville.
Prior to municipal government, Shawn worked in a variety of public affairs capacities. He worked for a prominent state government relations firm in Arlington, VA; was part of the finance team of a U.S. Senate campaign in Washington State; spent time as a political consultant and operative in Missouri, and gained valuable experience working in the Missouri House and Senate as a Legislative Aide.
Shawn grew up in an Illinois suburb of St. Louis, MO and is married to his wife Kristen, who is from Charlotte, NC. They have a two-year old daughter named McKenzie and a basset hound named Willie.
Shawn is a member of:
• South Carolina City and County Management Association
• International City and County Management Association o Government Affairs and Policy Committee Member
• South Carolina Community Development Association
• Greater Lake City Chamber of Commerce o Vice President
• Lake City Rotary Club
• Kappa Sigma Fraternity o Assistant Alumnus Advisor
·Beta-Gamma Greek Literary Association Member
• Greater Lake City Community Development Office o Treasurer and Member Executive Committee
• Florence County Community Emergency Response Team
Shawn is a 2014 graduate of the South Carolina Community and Economic Development Institute. He is a graduate of the 2016-2017 (Inaugural) South Carolina Local Government Leadership Institute and has been chosen to participate in Leadership South Carolina – Class of 2018.
The City will host a reception for Shawn at the October 12th Council meeting at 5pm.♦